- 5 cups organic rolled oats (or any oats of choice)
- 1/3 cup ground golden flax
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or maybe agave?)
- 1/3 cup oil of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- handful of slivered almonds
- handful of raisins
In the bowl of a food processor, add 1 ½ cup of oats and flax. Process until a coarse oat flour is produced.
In a large mixing bowl combine this flour with the remaining 3 ½ cups of oats, maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, salt, vanilla.
Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and moistened.
Spread onto a sheet pan coated with parchment paper, silpat mat, or lightly oiled foil.
Bake at 300 degrees for 35-50 minutes. Bake until crisp and golden brown.
Cool completely on sheet pan. Store in air-tight container.
*Add in ideas:
- dried fruit
- goji berries or any dried berries
- banana chips
- chocolate chips
- any combo of nuts
- any combo of seeds
- toasted coconut